Monday, September 23, 2013

   

                                                  The Importance of Music and Recordings
           As I was looking through all of our lectures, I decided to use one that is fresh in my head-musical recordings. I really like this lecture because I never knew that music also transmitted culture, news, and language long ago. I thought it was interesting how people would share the news through music; such as the song, "Workin' on the Railroad". They're talking about how the railroad was being made and it was transmitted to other people. I found this lesson intriguing because one of siblings is a musician who records. Also, I never knew how Edison had such an impact on devices we use today, such as lighting and the phonograph. I also never knew that a phonograph was a recording system. As I listened more in class I came to find out that it wasn't until the 1920s when a microphone was made. I had never realized  that you could make a recording without a microphone.  When Edison invented the phonograph, you simply spoke, and it was recorded. I think that this lecture is so important for people who don't realize how important music has been ever since the 1800s because of its effect on the transportation of media.

1 comment: